Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tiramisu

I know that I don’t have to tell you any story of this soft and sweet dessert, most of us knows about it. Many people have their own dearest dessert, mine is Tiramisu. The love affair start form Italian restaurant in the childhood and it grows. I try any one that I can (I really love the Tiramisu at Harrods, but you have to eat it real soon after it leave the counter, the softness, lightly sweet, oh mine). I want to have a good recipe and I found this one. I love the lightness of this recipe, you can see that it uses only 150 g of mascarpone but it’s still rich enough to fulfill your mind (do you have the same feeling, when you eat something that you really like, it’s so comforting). Some of the easy recipe has a lot of cream, which I found it too rich, but you will only get the soft and light from this one. The original recipe ask for the grounded coffee or cocoa powder, but I found it too hash for many people so I change to grated dark chocolate and I like it more. I don’t see any liqueur in the recipe, and I don’t think that we should leave it out, so Kahlua®, I need you now (in fact you can use other kind of liqueur that you like).

I love this one, even the recipe is for 8 people, and I already finished half of it by now.

Tiramisu

Serves 8-10

1 cup

strong black coffee

5

eggs, separated

120 g

caster sugar

1 tsp-2 tsp

Kahlua® or other brand coffee liqueur

150g

mascarpone


sponge fingers


Dark chocolate to grate

Pour coffee into a shallow dish. Set aside.

Beat egg yolks and 60g of the sugar in a large bowl over lowest heat with a whisk until pale and thick and the temperature is about 60°C. Add the mascarpone and coffee liqueur, mixing gently until just combined.

Beat egg whites with 60g of the sugar in a medium bowl with electric beaters until soft peaks form. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.

Add a layer of mascarpone mixture to cover the base of a 15X24cm glass dish; Dip enough sponge fingers into the coffee mixture Add a layer of soaked sponge fingers. Dust generously with grated chocolate. Cover the biscuits with the rest of the mascarpone mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.










There is no link for this book because it’s so old that it’s already out of print.

5 comments:

  1. น่าทานมาก ๆ เลยค่ะ เจ้านี้ที่บ้านชอบทานกันค่ะ ทำบ่อยเหมือนกันค่ะ แต่ไว้คราวหน้าทำ อุ้มต้องลองใส่ชอคขูดแทนผงโกโก้ อย่างที่คุณปุ๊กบอกดีกว่าค่ะ

    มั่นใจเลยค่ะว่าอร่อยกว่าใส่ผงโกโก้ ^^

    ขอเลียนแบบไม่ว่ากันน๊าคุณปุ๊ก

    คิดถึงน๊า

    ReplyDelete
  2. ได้เลยค่ะคุณอุ้ม
    มันอร่อยกว่าแล้วก้ไม่ทำให้ไอด้วย

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the 3rd time i came across a tiramasu recipe today! i really need to make some

    ReplyDelete
  4. hihi, i made tiramisu using your recipe today.
    i found tht its a bit too sweet :)
    but its still taste nice ...:)
    love your blog...m ur loyal follower :P

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...