Friday, July 15, 2011

Soft Chocolate Sponge Cake

Another version from my beloved recipe ^^, after making the soft sponge cake I think about making it into chocolate version too.
 Soft Chocolate Sponge Cake
Make 23x23cm cake
2 ...................................... Eggs
50g ................................. Sugar
30g ................................. Cake flour
7g ……………………………… Cocoa powder
......................................... A pinch of salt
20ml ............................... Whipping cream (warm)

Preheat the oven to 180°C. 
Line 23m x23cm pan with baking paper.
Sift the flour, cocoa powder and salt together, set aside.

Whisk the egg until lighten add the sugar gradually until thick and lighten (Thick ribbon stage). 
Take 1/4 cup of batter and mix with the warm whipping cream, fold to combine.

Sprinkle the flour mixture over the egg batter and fold to combine.
Pour the whipping cream batter back, and fold to combine.

The batter will be smooth and thick.
Bake for 10-12 minutes until spring back when press lightly.

10 comments:

  1. My cake didn't really rise.. Is it because I just put room temperature whipping cream? I followed everything on the recipe, only that is different. Please help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most important step is whipping the egg, than the temperature of the whipping cream. Just checking that the egg is in the ribbon stage before making the next step. But if you want to try again I suggest warming it it will be easier to fold.

    POOK

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELP! I made my sponge cake according to this, but the bottom of my sponge cake was like heavy gel and I don't know why...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How was your batter look like before baking?
    It's can come from many problem, like over mix the batter (you will lose the air and the cake won't rise properly), under mix the flour, or the problem can come from the under heat of the oven too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    Can u please tell me for making ganache and for decoration like making thin sheet leaf pattern s etc.. what kind Iof chocolate should use ( compound or coverture or normal Supermarket chocolate) and for making those how much percentage cocoa should contain in tht chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For chocolate decorating:
      If you use compound chocolate or candy melt you don't have to tempering the chocolate, just melt it and shape it the way you want ^^.
      But for coverture or normal Supermarket chocolate, you have to tempering it or they won't set after shaping.

      Delete
  6. Hi
    I tried your soft chocolate sponge today and it came out well. Only thing I found was the Recipe call for 50gm sugar. I used powdered sugar is it because of that or what i don't know with the 50gm my eggs mixture didn't come to ribbon consistency. I added some more sugar (ie total I add 80gms of sugar ) only then I got tht consistency. And have to beat for sometime. I used 10"*2" square pan.
    My cake was soft and sponge but it's top was bit sticky. When I put the CAKE upside down it sticked.
    One doubt which sugar you used granulated or powdered????
    Can I bake this cake in a round 8inch *2inch pan????

    I msg you the pictures in fb messenger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the problem about the sponge cake, I use granulated sugar, and the stickiness that you got, could come from too much sugar too.
      As the powder sugar and granulated sugar are different you can't substitute granulated sugar with powder sugar.

      Delete
  7. Also I want to increase the quantity. Do tht I just double the measurements of all ingredients right???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depend on what size of the pan that you want to use, for 28cm pan you will need to double the recipe.

      Delete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...