Saturday, December 21, 2013

Apple yogurt cake: Today I want to relax ^^

Because I love soft texture, and baked apple is one of the perfect soft texture food for me, haha.

When I feel a bit tried, I always think about apple cake. For me, it comes with comforting food image, lovely smell, soft texture and easy to make. You don't need to wait for special occasion to bake apple cake ^^. I live my life in a hectic way everyday, haha, not that I'm busy with work, but I always want to do something (+many things) all the time -*-. But today I need a rest, so apple cake comes to my mind.
There are tons of apple cake recipes in this world, actually I can't tell you that I already found the ultimate one. Each recipe has their own taste and texture, and we don't have to like the same taste, and for me I just love to share what I like with you.  
This cake is very easy to make, just beat all the ingredient together, that's all. The light brown sugar add some crunchy texture to the cake and make it more interesting. For the plain yogurt I use full fat one, as I don't have a problem with natural fat, haha. 
So, bake an apple cake, make a cup of coffee, sit back and relax with me, I believe we don't have to be busy to keep our life alive. Slowness is something we need from time to time. 



Apple yogurt cake
Make 20cm cake

 190g ............................. All purpose flour
1/4tsp ........................... Cinnamon powder
1/4tsp ........................... Salt
250g .............................. Apple (weight after peeled, cored and sliced)
90g ................................ Granulated sugar
200g ............................. Unsalted butter, melted and cool 
2 .................................... Eggs
100g .............................. Plain yogurt
1/4tsp ............................ Lemon extract (or zest of 1 lemon)
60g ................................ Light brown sugar (for sprinkle the cake)

Preheat the oven to 180°C
Line 20cm round cake pan with baking paper.
Sift the flour with cinnamon powder together.
 Beat the butter, yogurt, salt, lemon extract, sugar and eggs together until fully combine.
Fold the flour mixture into the bowl, in 3 additions.
 Put the sliced apple into the bowl with the last part of the flour, fold to combine. 
Put half of the batter into the pan, sprinkle with half of the light brown sugar.
Put the rest of the batter into the pan then sprinkle with the rest of the light brown sugar.
bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top of the cake spring back when touch lightly, and toothpick insert into the center come out clean.


Apple yogurt cake: Today I want to relax ^^

2 comments:

  1. I can imagine how relaxed you are when you have that piece of your yummy apple cake in your hand with a cup of hot coffee, and legs up on the footstool. Have a happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Can I use vegetable oil instead of butter?

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...