Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Chocolate Blackout cupcakes

Yesterday and the day before, I spent a lot of my time in the kitchen , well, when there are something that I want to do and I have all the ingredients that I need, it's my time to play ^^.


Actually when my friend asked me what I do, I can't remember, my answer is "a lot", haha. But I think you can understand me, because cooking and baking is so much fun, spending time making something delicious is the best hobby (in my opinion). 
I think that I didn't have enough chocolate lately, so this time I made chocolate cupcake. Chocolate blackout cupcake is chocolate cupcake that cover with chocolate icing and chocolate crumbs. This recipe is easy (again!) you don't have to beat the butter, the method for making it is the same as quick bread or muffin. By mixing dry ingredients in a bowl, and mix liquid ingredients in a different bowl, then fold them together, and you got cake batter. 
You can turn them into chocolate blackout cupcake, or if you want, just spread the icing on top, it's delicious too ^^.



 Chocolate Blackout cupcakes
Make 7 cupcakes


Cake
120g ........................... Cake flour
15g ............................. Cocoa powder
2/3tsp ......................... Baking soda
1/4tsp ......................... Baking powder
.................................... Pinch of salt
130g ........................... Granulated sugar
50g ............................. Unsalted butter, melted and cool
75g ............................. Milk
75g ............................. Plain yogurt
2tsp ............................ Vinegar
1 ................................. Egg

Cocoa icing
15g ............................. Cocoa powder
50g ............................. Icing sugar
50g ............................. Whipping cream 





Place paper cup in 9 muffin tins.
Preheat an oven to 180C


 Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder into a bowl.
Pour the sugar and pinch of salt into the bowl, and whisk to combine.


 Mix melted butter, milk, yogurt, vinegar and egg together.


 Pour into the bowl.


 Fold to combine.


 Divide into the prepared cups.


 Bake for 20 minutes or until the top spring back when touch lightly.
Let them cool completely before using.


 Sift cocoa powder and icing sugar into a pan, and whisk to combine.
Pour the whipping cream into the pan and whisk to combine.


 Place over low heat, stir until smooth.


 Let the mixture cool before using.


 Crumb 2 of the cupcake.


 Spread the cocoa icing over the cupcake.


Top with crumbs.



Chocolate Blackout cupcakes

4 comments:

  1. Hi, can we substitute the plain yogurt with something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, why do you put vinegar in your cupcake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will activate the baking soda, and make the cake softer.

      Delete

Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...